Wednesday 7 June 2017

The Church @ work

"He that believe on me, the works that I do shall do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father" John 14:12.

"Works" do not necessarily imply miracles ( John 6:29) The "Works" of Christ include all the activities connected with His Mission of redemption.

1) The Church program is to do Christ works.
     -- Evangelize her chief duty.

2) The Church's Privilege to do "Greater Works"
     -- Not presumption on part of Church, for the promise came from Christ.
     -- Illustrations:
        a) Evangelize : World Wide Mission.
        b) Healing ; hospitals etc.
        c)  Education : Sunday Schools, Religious Instructions; Christian Colleges and Seminars etc.

3) The Church's Power " "Because I go unto my Father"
     -- God lives; Christ lives; the Holy Spirit is active, they empower the Church.

4)  The Church's Preparation, "He that believe"
     -- Faith the great need
     -- Prayer Changes things.

No comments:

Post a Comment